4.17.2011

Out of season...or so I thought

 I realized that I had not yet posted pictures of the finished handwarmers that I made. At first I was thinking that this is so out of season right now that maybe I should just wait to post this until the fall. But yesterday, in typical Chicago fashion, the fickle nature of spring weather reared it's ugly head and decided to snow! It was very windy and had been raining all day when all of a sudden the view beyond my windows was whited out by horizontally blowing snow. Luckily none of it stuck to the ground. So I figured that maybe the handwarmers aren't as out of season as I had originally thought!
 My daughter May is modeling them for me with her blue nail polish.
 This pair has already been well worn by both May and myself. In fact I like them so much that I am making another pair so we don't have to share this one. I am definitely going to be making more of them in other colors too. They are so easy. I do love this yarn and I'm glad that I have enough left to make another pair.
The only thing that bugs me is the fact that the colored stripes don't match up. These are knit with one color yarn. I didn't change yarn to make the stripes. Maybe the next pair will match up better!

5 comments:

  1. I like that they are not both the same. We are used to weird weather in this country but the summer will be here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! They are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing in life or nature is identical!So why should these be exactly the same?They are adorable!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I think about it the only time the stripes bothered me was when I first finished them and in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're fantastic! And I adore the fact that the stripes don't match up :)

    ReplyDelete