1.06.2012

Happy 2012



My first post of the new year!
I really didn't want to post something that wasn't finished but I am currently in the middle of a few projects and I just didn't want to wait any longer.
I am planning on using this image in a new encaustic painting I am working on. It started as a small sketch in my sketchbook but I really wanted to include details like eyelashes and fingernails. So I decided to enlarge it to an 18"x24" drawing. The hair is not finished yet as you can see, but I am hoping to get that done soon.
 Although we've had a strange snow-free, and  mild winter I have been doing a lot of knitting too. I'm  finally using the alpaca wool I got when we had our field trip to the farm.
Have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I like that you show the process and can't wait to see the finished piece. Great drawing and happy new Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketch! Can't wait to see the finished product! I love process posts.

    :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, your talent just astounds me! This is so beautiful and I CANNOT wait to see it in one of your glorious paintings! You are moving in the most beautiful direction with these paintings of yours. Really really special x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kerri! You are very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a great idea and your drawing is off to a great start

    ReplyDelete